I always feel like it's cheating to pick your favourite month which also happens to be your birthday month. But I guess there's so much happiness and love around a birthday, that it's hard not to associate it with the month. I do love summer and t-shirt weather, but there's something about September and Autumn that really excites me, so I have put together a list to tell you why I love it so much.
001. Layering - You can layer up your tops, cardigans and jackets and bundle up in thick woolly hats and scarves.
002. Autumn/Winter fashion - In my opinion gives you more choices in ways to wear clothes. I also think the seasonal style is so much more elegant and sophisticated than when in the warmer months.
003. Beautiful Colours - From berry reds to burnt autumn leaves, everything just looks so much more cosy and festive.
004. Festive Season - Which brings me on to Halloween and Christmas! It might be too early for some, but let's face it, they're coming for us!
005. Blackberry Picking - Grab your Hunter wellies and a bag and explore your surroundings looking for the little purple berries. It's a fun day out and the possibilities of baking with blackberries are endless. I love the classic blackberry and apple crumble myself!
006. Hot Drinks - The more the merrier in my opinion, especially green teas and hot chocolates!
007. A fresh Start - I know many people would associate January with a fresh start, but I always think why postpone making good changes in your life? I suppose going back to school/uni time has had that affect on me! I always like to use this time of the year to have a giant clear out of possessions, maybe plan some exciting things to look forward to and continue to make some positive decisions/changes in my life!
008. Food - Need I say more? Actually yes, I'd like some more please.
009. Brisk air, soft sunlight and the crunch of leaves underfoot just makes for the perfect weekend walk.